Lawyer Jobs – Top 5 Lawyer Job Opportunities
If you have made up your mind to build a career in law you might want to look up at job opportunities this field has to offer. Law being the most booming career option of the day is offering numerous opportunities in many different offices. Studying law no more means that you can just be a lawyer. In fact there are many more law careers which will make you earn far more than the most popular of lawyers. Here go five of the most popular lawyer job opportunities of the day:
1) Civil Litigation: This job indeed is a necessity of the current turmoil in the economic scenario. Recent times have seen a steady growth in the number of litigations every year. Businessmen had higher expectations but it seems that not meeting up to the expectations have compelled them to consult legal professionals with managing their finances. Lawyers specializing in fields concerning civil litigation like insurance defence, commercial litigation, labour and employment, class action, regulatory action and personal injury lawsuits are especially in demand these days.
2) Green Law: The recent times have also seen a growing awareness for saving the environment. Environment laws are now being taken more seriously. With the advancements in the field of technology there has also been a growth in the all round awareness. Issues like global warming, greenhouse effect, deforestation, renewable energy sources are catching up. Environment law professionals guide people along the green business thing. This is indeed one of the most interesting of lawyer jobs.
3) Labour and Employment Law: Recession has hit the global market and it has hit hard. Cost cutting has seen thousands of employees being unemployed in seconds. This calls for employment lawsuits which needs expert professionals to deal with them. If you are looking for challenging law careers this indeed is one. Even after the recession is over and the professionals have their jobs back they will definitely require to file for litigations which in turn will make way for many lawyer jobs.
4) Intellectual Property Law: This is often considered to be the most powerful asset possessed by any company. With the recent progress in science and technology there has been a huge rise in upcoming authors, businessmen, musicians and other creative work professionals who keep looking for exclusive rights to secure their creations from being stolen and use for personal benefits. These lawyer or attorney jobs require legal professionals to be experts at trademarks, copyrights, industrial design rights, patents and trade secrets. This indeed is another challenging attorney career but also one which pays huge amounts.
5) E-discovery Practice: The developed technology calls for legal professionals to safeguard electronic data. Discovering and managing this data is a very important requirement for the technical companies something for which they eagerly pay lawyers millions of dollars. A professional needs to be specialized in preserving, identifying, producing and reviewing electronic data in litigation. This electronic data is usually referred to as electronically stored information (ESI).
These are just five of the numerous opportunities law offers. Keep looking!